Table of Contents:
- Statement of Corporate Philosophy
- Employee's Standards of Conduct
- Policies and Procedures
- Employee Education and Communication
- Monitoring and Prevention Systems
Arbors/Manchester Manor Health Care Center Corporate Compliance and Ethics Philosophy Statement
The laws governing the conduct of health care providers are constantly evolving and have become increasingly complex. To ensure the provision of quality health care in compliance with those laws, Arbors/Manchester Manor Health Care Center has developed a compliance program of which this corporate compliance and ethics manual is an integral part. The compliance manual establishes Arbors/Manchester Manor's standards, policies, and procedures regarding compliance with applicable law governing financial relationships among health care providers or other potential sources or referrals, and is designed to ensure that the business and billing practices of Arbors/Manchester Manor Health Care Center comply with applicable laws. This compliance manual is intended to apply to all relationships between Arbors/Manchester Manor Health Care Center and its vendors and suppliers. This compliance manual also reaffirms Arbors/Manchester Manor's commitment to delivery of quality health care consistent with applicable state and federal health and safety standards. The following code of conduct and corporate compliance and ethics manual do not represent any change from the prior practices of Arbors/Manchester Manor Health Care Center but are a recordation and compilation of those practices.
Arbors/Manchester Manor Health Care Center is dedicated to the provision of quality health care and living accommodations for its residents, and to accomplishing its mission by:
- Responding to the needs of residents, healthy and ill;
- Providing excellent care through multiple levels of service;
- Providing an environment that enhances each resident's awareness of his or her medical condition, treatment, and prognosis, dignity, security, comfort, and peace of mind;
- Ensuring that services are provided and that the facility is maintained in a fiscally responsible manner; and
- Providing through people, facilities, and programs, a balance between security and independence for residents which assists in achieving and maintaining the residents' highest practicable physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being, in accordance with residents' comprehensive assessment and plan of care.
Arbors/Manchester Manor Health Care Center and its employees shall act in accordance with the following goals:
- To serve the needs of residents in health and illness in a committed and caring environment;
- To further a commitment to integrity, quality, excellence, and continuous improvement in all areas of service to residents;
- To manage human and material resources ethically, with creativity and vision, always mindful of changing needs and environments and the capacity to serve;
- To esteem all personnel, including volunteers, as the providers of service, encouraging their professional development, caring for them, and nurturing their growth as capable and compassionate people; and
- To serve through providing multiple levels of care, and to facilitate resident transfers based on a consistently applied resident assessment process that considers the physical, mental, and emotional well-being in providing the highest quality of life for residents.
To achieve these goals, Arbors/Manchester Manor Health Care Center is committed to conducting all of its business activities in compliance with ethical standards and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Employees must recognize their duty to act in accordance with this essential directive.
All questions regarding the application of this compliance manual should be directed to supervisors. If an employee's immediate supervisor cannot or does not answer the questions or resolve the concerns, the employee should address the issue with Arbors/Manchester Manor's Compliance Officer. Employees should be familiar with the laws governing the matters set forth in this compliance manual. Demonstrated familiarity shall be part of every employee's job performance and a regular part of each employee's review. Any action taken in violation of this compliance manual is beyond the scope of employment and will subject the employee to sanctions including, but not limited to, termination of employment. This compliance manual does not address every aspect of Arbors/Manchester Manor's compliance activities and their applicable legal issues. As such, employees should consult Arbors/Manchester Manor's established policies and procedures and seek the guidance of their supervisor with respect to any other compliance issues that may arise. An anonymous drop box exists to provide employees and others with a confidential method for raising concerns about violations or suspected violations of the compliance program. Any violations, suspected violations, questionable conduct, or questionable practices may also be reported to Arbors/Manchester Manor's governing body. Employees may report all information anonymously, and Arbors/Manchester Manor Health Care Center will attempt to preserve the confidentiality of the matter and the anonymity of the employee to the fullest extent permitted by law. However, confidentiality and anonymity cannot be guaranteed in all situations.
Any documents, reports, or other products of Arbors/Manchester Manor Health Care Center’s compliance program shall be protected to the extent allowed by law under the copyright, self-evaluative, ombudsman, attorney-client, work-product, and any other applicable privileges.
Compliance Officer, Arbors: Chanté Drasdis, Director
Contact information: 860-647-7828 x. 3343 or Chante.Drasdis@ArborsCT.com
Compliance Officer, Manchester Manor; Mary Ellen Gaudette, Administrator
Contact information: 860-646-0129 x. 3314 or MaryEllen.Gaudette@ManchesterManorCT.com