Notice to our Arbors Family 3/16/2020
We are closely monitoring the increase in the cases of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We are following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and public health officials and our decisions are based on their guidance combined with the expertise of our teams.
This notice is effective 3 pm today. Please read this carefully. Also, anticipate that the front desk will be a very hectic place, we ask residents to first refer to this posting before contacting the front desk. Additionally, we have set up stations at the desk to encourage six feet of “social distancing” space between residents and the front desk staff.
As gatherings have been identified as presenting a risk to our residents, we will be setting up a conference call to answer questions to interested parties.
Questions & Answers: live teleconference with Chante Drasdis, Director
Monday, March 16 3 pm &
Tuesday March 17th 10 am
Phone Number 1-425-436-6301
Access code 743344
We understand this virus is a concern for everyone and our strategy is based on an abundance of caution – we want to be proactive but also reasonable about any changes to day-to-day operations.
We have already implemented several protocols at our communities, including enhanced and frequent cleaning, and temperature screenings for employees and visitors.
We strongly recommend that residents and family members refrain from taking residents out of the community to visit public gathering spaces, including grocery stores, religious services, shopping malls, theaters, casinos, etc.
We are now implementing additional operational changes:
- As a precautionary measure, Arbors of Hop Brook will be closed to visitors. Exceptions will be made for medical providers, home health, hospice, medical supply vendors, pharmacy, regulators and inspectors, life safety and compliance vendors. In certain instances, such as end-of-life visits or visits to residents with dementia who need health support, we may be able to work with a visitor to establish procedures that allow the visit. Please contact our temporary hotline at 860-533-2524 if you are seeking an exemption to the no visitor measure.
- We encourage family members to call residents, rather than visit. We are also setting up free video conferencing to allow for interaction. Please call Laurie Robinson, 860-533-2526 activities director, to coordinate this service.
- Families are welcome to coordinate leaving items within the lobby foyer to drop off supplies if needed. Please call the front desk to coordinate this process.
- Outside entertainers or clergy (except for hospice situations) will be suspended.
- Most group activities will be suspended. This includes card/board games, social hour, knitters, arts & crafts. Any activity that can be altered to permit 6 feet of space between residents will be considered.
- Activities such as movies or video exercise will be set up to permit social distancing, 6 feet of space between each person.
- All shopping trips and outings will be cancelled – we will work with residents on alternative ways to obtain essentials. Please be patient for a few days while we develop a plan that can best meet your needs.
RESIDENT HEALTH/COMMUNITY GATHERING:
- Whenever possible, we will be spacing out all residents to be at least 6 feet apart from each other to mitigate transmission risk.
- Residents may leave the building but may be asked not to return without screening and evaluation.
- Residents returning to the community following a hospital stay must present negative test results for COVID-19, or a note from their physician stating they are infection-free and do not pose a risk to others.
- Please anticipate most common areas to be closed.
- We are continuing our dining program with table service for meals, but are implementing other contingencies. Please anticipate that we are preparing for dining in the midst of recommendations for “social distancing” to reduce the spread of illness. A notice regarding seating times and seat assignments will be in hanging files. Please be sure to follow these assignments to protect yourselves and the rest of the community.
- Additional screening will be occurring in the dining room.
- We strongly discourage residents from congregating in the hallway prior to dinner.
- Additional sanitation measure are ongoing between meals in the dining room.
- We are encouraging and offering complimentary tray meal service to resident apartments.
- Social hour will be suspended until further notice.
- The salons are remaining open at this time. Only one resident is allowed in the salon at a time.
- Our teams are continuing to focus on frequent enhanced cleaning and disinfecting around the clock.
- Transportation will be provided only to medically essential appointments as determined by the Resident Services Director and Executive Director. Emergencies go to 911.
- All outings have been canceled.
- Uber is an option, please call the front desk to coordinate.
This is an evolving process as the world learns more about this illness and how it can be studied, contained, addressed, and resolved. We appreciate your understanding. As this public health concern emerges, our staff and leadership remain focused on providing the greatest amount of certainty and safety we can offer.
Chante Drasdis, MHA, NHA, CASP